Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Looking for decent knives to replace an inefficient knife set that was given to me years ago, I started with this Forschner Victorinox Fibrox 8" Chef's knife (model # 40520) based on the high recommendations from Cook's Illustrated. At first I was turned off by it's appearance, preferring the look of wooden, riveted handles, but I decided that function was more important than looks and gave it a try.
I am blown away! I have owned this knife for over a year now and it still seems as sharp as the day I bought it, yet I have never done anything more than use a conditioning (sharpening) steel on it every few uses. It's light and well-balanced... an exceptional value!
I then bought a Forschner Victorinox Fibrox Paring knife, a 10" Slicer, the Conditioning Steel, and just to fill in my old knife block, a 7" Serrated Edge Chef's knife and a Boning knife (same brand). I love each and every one of these tools and highly recommend this brand, especially the 8" Chef's knife!
It is extrememly satisfying to find such incredible tools at such a reasonable price; restoring hope that there are still people/corporations in the world that understand it is possible to be successful by giving consumers a superior product at reasonable price.
p.s.This exact knife (model # 40520) can be confusing to find with Amazon's search engine.Several other model numbers also appear in the search results... some listing the model number in the description, while others can be found only by enlarging the picture.Also, I have had good experiences with Allsparestools.com, including their return policy/function, and their current pricing of this knife is considerably cheaper than other websites.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Victorinox 8 Chef's Knife - Black
Product Description:
Knife-Chefs-8"-Fibrox.Fibrox slip-resistant handle. 8" L
Want to buy Victorinox 8 Chef's Knife - Black at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
0 comments:
Post a Comment