Wusthof Grand Prix 8-Inch Cook's Knife Review

Wusthof Grand Prix 8 inch Cook's Knife
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Before Christmas of 2001, I knew nothing about professional kitchen knives. Then I heard my parents mention how poorly their old knives were cutting, so I decided to treat them to something really nice for Christmas. After much research, I narrowed my choice down to two companies, Wusthof and Henckels. I read more positive reviews of Wusthof, and liked the look of their knives more, so I bought this knife for them. The following is my review as an (non-chef) educated consumer.
Apparently chef's knives commonly come in 6, 8, and 10-inch varieties. I went with the average of those (the 8-inch) for a combination of good weight and control.
Purely for aesthetics, I went with the grand prix style handle over the classic. If you're curious, grand prix is a modern-looking black handle with a non-slip surface; the classic is wooden with rivets. The actual blade is exactly the same in either style.
Christmas morning, my parents unwrapped the gift. The box the knife comes in is pretty simple, but shows it off nicely. What was their first reaction? "Wow this is beautiful, but it scares us to death!" This knife has some weight to it, and the edge is *extremely* sharp. Unless you are a bladed weapon collector, or a chef, this will probably be the sharpest knife you've ever used.
About a month later, I checked back in with my parents to see if they actually used the thing. They are in love with it! They told me after a month or so of getting used to the weight and sharpness, they now can't live without it. From what I'm told, they use it on everything from vegetables to meats. They tell me it cuts through pretty much anything (except bones obviously, don't try to do that!) like a laser. They tell me the only thing this knife is not good for is tasks that require small details. It is, after all, 8 inches long. So, they've hinted about getting them a smaller Wusthof pairing knife for next Christmas! What have I gotten myself into?
Important: Please be careful with this knife, it's insanely sharp. Don't put it in the dishwasher; wash it by hand. Consider having it professionally sharpened every 4-6 months or so at a kitchen store or knife shop. That way you'll get the longest life out of your knife. Enjoy!

Click Here to see more reviews about: Wusthof Grand Prix 8 Inch Cook's Knife



Buy NowGet 45% OFF

Want to buy Wusthof Grand Prix 8 Inch Cook's Knife at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:



buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

0 comments:

Post a Comment