Chicago Cutlery Centurion 7-Inch Santoku Knife Review

Chicago Cutlery Centurion 7 inch Santoku Knife
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
but, 4-Stars for 'sharpness'.I purchased one originally for a friend who wanted an $80+ Wusthof.He raved about this one so I decided to order one for myself.I have several Chicago Cutlery knives in my own collection (made in the USA), so I was looking forward to seeing how the Centurion knives (made in China) would fare. The knife arrived and I put it to work slicing boneless ham and dicing Idaho potatoes.

The knife is good looking, appears nicely finished and is quite heavy (as a Santoku knife should be, since it is part knife and part cleaver), but the edge did not seem very sharp.I ran it over the honing steel for a bit, but that did not seem to help.It did NOT cut 'razor-thin' meat slices.It did do fine on the potatoes and reasonably well at slicing sausage in casing.

I am not quite ready to use my Henckels 4-Star diamond sharpener on this Santoku, but will likely attempt to sharpen it sooner than later.

01/05/06 Update:Tried this on a boneless leg of lamb and it did just great ('thin' slices and all).Perhaps it is the outer surface of the items you are trying to carve (such as a tough sausage casing, or the hard skin of fresh limes) that affects the final presentation.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Chicago Cutlery Centurion 7 Inch Santoku Knife

Product Description:
Chicago Cutlery Centurion 7-Inch Santoku Knife includes 1-Each 7-Inch Santoku knife.Chicago Cutlery Centurion collection have high-carbon stainless steel blades with our exclusive Taper Grind edge that provides optimum sharpness and makes it easier to keep edges sharp over time. Full-tang blades coupled with a heavy duty forged bolster provide balance and strength. The black polymer handles give Centurion a classic look while the triple riveted construction provide safety.

Buy NowGet 25% OFF

Want to buy Chicago Cutlery Centurion 7 Inch Santoku Knife at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:



buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

0 comments:

Post a Comment