Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Best 10" chef on the market: the Classic line has good handle weight and nice heft, and the scales are medium enough for small/med sized man hands to use with confidence. I find the Grand Prix to be a bit on the big side in the handle dept. Where this knife is a winner is: blade profile, steel characteristics, and edge grind.
If you compare this to, say, a Henckles 10" Chef, you'll notice that the Wusthof has a deeper, rounder 'belly.'This roundness enables the knife to rock back and forth (is that 'roll' back and forth?) for dicing with *much* greater ease than the Henckles, which tends to fall to the board and need to be picked up again, again, again.
The Wusthof steel, I think, has a touch more carbon than the Henckles, and a little less Chromium. It takes a second to touch up - effort that is rewarded by superior cutting performance, with a higher edge grind. That said it is not fragile.
The Wosthof blade is slightly hollow ground, whereas the Henckles is slightly convex, which causes the Henckles to 'split' more than 'slice' hard vegetables like carrots and radishes. I've been using a 10" on and off since 1989. . . and I love it.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Wusthof 979789 Classic 10 Inch Cook's Knife
Product Description:
Wusthof Classic 10 Inch Cooks Knife - Wusthof 458226
Want to buy Wusthof 979789 Classic 10 Inch Cook's Knife at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
0 comments:
Post a Comment