Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)This 5" Utility knife is as outstanding and satisfying as any other Shun Ken Onion knife. I have no doubt that I will use it frequently for a lifetime.Prior to purchase, I was looking for an excellent knife that was slightly longer than my Wustof 3.5" paring knife and was more multi-purpose for small-to-medium size slicing and chopping jobs.Paring knives are appropriate for small slices, but does not facilitate fine dicing jobs.This is because the handle of paring knives are inline with the blade so that finger joints hit the cutting board when the knife is rocked on the down-stroke.(Such a motion might be useful for dicing a small jalapeno pepper.)
Since I already own a Shun Ken Onion santoku and was so pleased with its performance, I looked to the same brand for a utility knife.This knife is extremely versatile -- the ergonomic and slightly off-set handle, in combination with the curved blade, promotes a rocking motion that is great for tiny chopping and small-to-medium slicing jobs. The thin but stiff blade allows it to be used for finer jobs like thinly slicing peppers,cutting small fruits, and even deboning fish.Additionally, the blade is extremely sharp and the weighting is superb.So little effort is required to make clean, precise cuts.I highly recommend the 5" utility knife, and I'm confident future owners will be throughly satisfied as well.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Shun Ken Onion 5 Inch Utility Knife
Product Description:
Designed by Ken Onion, one of the world's top knife designers, this utility knife has a 5-inch blade for chopping, slicing, dicing, and more. The knife is clad with 16 layers of VG-10 Japanese super steel known for edge retention. It undergoes a special finishing process that leaves the layers exposed, creating a beautiful pattern that not only protects the VG-10 core, but simultaneously creates a blade surface that resists food sticking to it. The patent-pending design features a specially angled curved bolster and specially shaped handle that fits perfectly in the hand, releasing all arm tension in your arm. The unique blade allows for an easier flowing motion across the cutting board. Ken Onion's signature ergonomic handle is made of arched PakkaWood designed for comfort and control. The knife measures approximately 9 by 1-1/2 by 1/2 inches overall. Hand washing is recommended for this and all top-quality cutlery, and it comes backed by a lifetime warranty when purchased directly from Amazon.com.
Want to buy Shun Ken Onion 5 Inch Utility Knife at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
0 comments:
Post a Comment